View Single Post
      09-18-2020, 09:37 AM   #21
Sassicaia
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: SMB F80 6MT

My marriage hasn't suffered as a result of the lockdown. Not to say its perfect, or we dont have our own issues, but the lockdown surprisingly hasnt made it harder, but in many ways brought us closer. I've retreated to woodworking and cooking (I've literally perfected home made pizza) when I need a break, and purchased a sex swing which I'd recommend to everyone.

We're both home body type people, so don't need the constant socializing to stay happy and frankly are perfecting content being in the same room and just shutting the fuck up.

Connection is key though which is a shit load of practice. Lots of counselling to learn to just listen and accept has been some of the best money we've spent and might be what set us up for success to get through this and hopefully every year ahead. What drove us into counselling in the first place wasn't fun, but if those times were today and we couldnt have access to counselling and learning it would have created a nuclear winter.

Here is a list of my top things getting through this and staying happy in the marriage in no particular order:

1.) Our Pelaton
2.) Sex Swing
3.) Home improvement projects
4.) cooking
5.) Documentaries and various episodes.
6.) alone time
7.) 20 minutes of dedicated connection time daily
8.) hours of alone time
9.) Killing many vintages of my Chateaunuf Du Pape
10.) online shopping like a Mofo

I've learned I can go pretty long stretches sticking to that list

To the person/persons recovering from an affair I cant recommend enough the "affair recovery" videos on you tube and the TED talk from Ester Perel. I know more than one couple that have recovered and they have been a go to for them.
Appreciate 3
cmyx6go15560.00
King Rudi13152.00