View Single Post
      09-21-2020, 06:55 AM   #36
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
I need to know how to do this. A guy by the name of Kerry Howard entered his number in wrong which is in turn my number which has in turn lead to so many spam calls. I think I remember his DOB from when they called about health insurance so could probably find his e-mail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
I had the same thing happen. Some woman named Samantha Phillips. I've had the same cell number for 15 years and every couple years I start getting calls for her from clinics, hospitals, medical billers, and ultimately collection companies. Clearly she has some sort of medical issue, seeks help, and givens them my phone number on the billing paperwork. She's either an evil genius for remembering to use the same wrong number for 15 years, or is completely stupid.
Due to wireless carriers recycling numbers, I get that they have no choice; to this day I still get random calls from bill collectors and from what I can only assume are the utmost pillars of the community looking for Misty Bilbrey. Had a company phone for years and when I left the company, got my new number and this shit has been going on since. I get people crying - wanting to know why she won't talk to them anymore, people mad thinking that I am screening her calls, extremely aggressive bill collectors, weird random text (and picture ) messages. Seriously got 50-something pictures of some morbidly obese woman with no clothes on one morning (this was recent) at about 3:00 am.

Yeah, it's a blast trying to explain this to the girlfriend. She's been around long enough to where she knows what's happening and laughs about it now; but it used to cause problems.
Appreciate 0