09-21-2020, 07:27 AM   #6
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
sygazelle has it right. My I retired a little over 4 1/2 years ago, my wife will likely retire next spring although she is the same age as me. I had a couple of jobs lined up that were related to my career but they didn't really work out. We'd purchased our current home just before retirement and I've been doing tons of work on it. But no rush like in the past where you tried to cram stuff in on the weekend or evenings. Now when I have a project I will take my time, work on it a few hours a day and then park it. I walk in town for at least an hour everyday, the dog loves it. My wife loves to cook so I didn't take over those duties but I have taken all the other chores as she has a demanding job. I can't believe almost 5 years have gone by already.

You cycle as you've talked about it a lot on the forum so you'll likely get more into that. I try to keep the routine of getting up at the same time, still early like when I worked. Coffee, read the news (although not so much right now, I'm getting sick of it) go for my walk, unless I'm working on a project. If I am I get after it in the morning and do my walk in the afternoon. You'll be fine.
I was just saying this to Wifey yesterday. I can work on a project a bit at a time instead of having to dedicate the weekend to it. Looking forward to that. And cycling during the day when I'm not racing the sunset. No more late dinners because I was out riding after work.

Wifey is the big bread winner in this household. She'll be quite well off after I'm gone, at least money-wise. Not so sure she would be able to keep the house up, though. That's always been on me, finding and dealing with contractors and such. That's a big worry.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 1
Murf99314114.00