09-21-2020, 03:43 PM   #5
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
Have you ever wanted to write a book but never gotten around to it?

If so, what was the topic and why did you want to write it?
Actually yes, but this is an odd topic for me simply because the wife is an English teacher, however, I am the one who wants to write the book. I often encourage her, but she cannot bring herself to do so.

The backstory:
We had a natural pregnancy that ended early. We waited a couple months, tried again and got pregnant with what our perinatologist told us was an impossible identical twin pregnancy. With our doc strongly suggesting we abort one to save the other. Weekly visits would end with finding ourselves on the floor, hopeless and all alone. Trying with what seemed to be futile effort to hold up my wife and find some modicum of hope provided nothing.

Fast forward, our daughters turn 12 next month and the very same parinatologist told us we should write the book and he would provide a forward. In his 26 years he had never seen a case so hopeless turn out so well.

Our daughters were born at 29 weeks, the larger of the two at 3 lbs while the smaller of the two weighed in at 12.8 ounces. We spent the next nine months of our lives in a series of NICU's at times losing each of the twins for different reasons, occasionally with us being the ones to resuscitate.

Trust me when I say, its emotional and that is why she wont write it, but that is the VERY short of it. My goal would be to provide Hope for those without and donate the proceeds as funds to organizations that might offer that very same limited quantity of needed support for others in those trying times.
Appreciate 8
sygazelle11329.50
Lups11824.50
rebekahb3130.00
wcr3d460.50
MKSixer34173.50
2000cs3495.00
Torgus3781.50