View Single Post
      02-20-2015, 01:27 PM   #88
jcpca356
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: i8

What, you a writer? ummm, that's why I bought one in addition to my 911 and Vantage! Well said sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by coincident View Post
You guys get pretty wild. Lots of mean spirited insults. We are talking about cars here- not radical Islamic terrorists burning people alive.

My opinion for whatever it is worth - I have owned and / or driven most of the high performance sports cars available. I currently own a Porsche 997.1 TT coupe and a 997.2 TTS Cab. I only offer this information by way of describing my frame of reference. I have driven the I8 and love the car. As far as aesthetics, ( we recognize that beauty is in the eye of the beholder) the car in Sophisto Grey is the most beautiful vehicle I have ever seen. It is breathtaking. The form following function approach was executed in such a manner as to create a car of unparalleled visual appeal. As for the driving dynamics, I have become a huge fan of performance cars utilizing hybrid technology.it represents the best of both worlds- gobs of torque with the electric motor providing instant acceleration with a hand off to a turbo gas engine taking over to continue to propel the car in its area of strength. The i8 executes this methodology efficiently and brilliantly. At its selling price, it is unrealistic to expect LaFerrari, 918, P1 performance, it is a marvel. But for a fraction of the price, it provides a true taste of what those hyper cars deliver.

As an all out sports car, it is not a 911, 458 conquerer. But as a wonderful, adept combination of comfort, superb driving dynamics and excitement, it is an amazing accomplishment. My enthusiasm for it is so intense, I ordered one with delivery due in May.