View Single Post
      10-26-2022, 09:01 AM   #110
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

I keep my house around 73/74 degrees during heating season. Interested to see how the heating bills will be this winter. The unique situation I have is I have three gas fireplaces. One on each level of my house. So I've been operating where I either shut off the central HVAC system or keep it at some minimum maybe around 68. If I'm in the basement, I'll run the gas fireplace there. If I'm in my family room, I'll run the gas fireplace there. If I'm going to bed, I run the gas fireplace in my bedroom. All three gas fireplaces have a thermostatically controlled remote. So I just set the desired temperature and the remote turns on and off the fireplace. The fireplaces also have circulating fans to move air around and push the hot air into the room. Also, my entire HVAC system was just replaced about a year ago. So I should benefit from the efficiency of a newer system.

When my daughter is with me, I'll run the central HVAC system some or use a radiator type space heater in her room.

While my primary home uses natural gas, my vacation home is on propane. The HVAC system installed isn't the standard builder grade crap but a more higher efficiency unit as the house had to meet Energy Star standards. But heating and cooling is a bit of a challenge as the forced air ducts are in the ceiling. No basement or crawl space at this house. I do have a propane fireplace in the family room that does have a thermostatically controlled remote too.
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15761.00