View Single Post
      07-26-2018, 04:08 PM   #12
fxoffroad
Private
Rep
Drives: '18 X3/'18 i3s/'12 X5/'03 Z8

Appreciate the input! Thanks!

Yeah... it was a new 2018 i3 Rex.

I think the Infotainment is a 10.x screen - the X3 has a 12.x" screen. Notably different... but not a deal breaker... the X3 interface/OS is more extensive and more visually appealing.

I am, a lot like bagekko I'm not a EV person, but am a huge "Bimmerhead" (new term for me , but totally applicable). I've been driving Bimmers since I was in college.)

I wish I could take the i3 on a closed course to push it. And I still need to convince my better half that we don't need an X3 and an X5.

Regarding your earlier comment about seating... whereas I'm cool with (and actually like) the i3 seating, I was referring to the power Multi-contour seats that are in 5, 6, 7-series and X5/6s... once you have these, its difficult to want to sit on anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
The harsh ride is an issue, but it actually makes the car more nimble. I think you would be surprised at how well the car handles with such a low center of gravity despite it's high seating position. Remember, the heavy batteries are low in the chassis. The relatively high engine placement on an ICE makes the i3 handle quite differently than you would expect.

Was this a brand new i3 you test drove? The iDrive has historically been much in line with what is offered in the F30 and X3 except the i3 has a slightly bigger display. Maybe the recent i3 wasn't updated to the 2018 iDrive?

Last edited by fxoffroad; 07-26-2018 at 04:24 PM..
Appreciate 0