02-08-2019, 12:23 PM   #2257
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
^ No cheat meal for 3 weeks....6 weeks. Just kill me right now lmao. That said I never have wanted to do a strict diet. I'm still young so metabolism just munches up whatever I throw at it. Don't get me wrong I'm not eating bad foods, just a lot....a lottt of "good food". If I don't eat enough I'm usually flat in the gym/lack of energy, so I try to house whatever I can. I can stay relatively lean throughout the year, when summer starts to roll around I'll up the cardio and cut out all unnessesary snacking and that usually will do the trick. I stopped counting calories an macros awhile ago, at this point I eat to how my body feels.

*My typical workout is 10mins cardio, 10 mins abs, 50mins lifting, 10-30mins cardio. I'm hustling in there so I'm burning a boat load of calories, my garmin w/ HR tracker told me i burnt 765 cals during last nights workout. I think thats high, but probably helps me eat whatever I want.*

Problem on my end is I usually drink 1-2 nights a week. I've accepted that my progression will be slow based on my own decisions to delay myself, it is unfortuante though.
I see what you mean. I was once like that. I could eat whatever / whenever and have abs. In my 30's, the soda's had to go to get my abs to make an appearance, now I'm in my 40's and I have to make sure I'm in a legitimate deficit to get down to less than 8%.

But I'm not eating strictly. I can still eat in a deficit and enjoy stuff like pizza and the such if I plan for it. But I have to get 10% or below before I can add a real "Cheat Meal" in and it not affect my progress. By that I mean something like a buffet where I'm hurting when I walk away! LOL.

In the powerlifting and cross-fit thread, I put up some pics to show what I mean. At my heaviest, I'm eating close to 4,000 calories a day. In the pic from last summer, I think I was all the way down to around 2500 calories a day.

This last off-season I really pushed calories and tried to get my metabolism running as efficient as I could. I'm hoping by this summer, I will be just a lean while being a few lbs heavier than last summer...and I shouldn't have to drop below 2800 calories by the time I'm at the end of my diet.

Now my training partner is a genetic freak. He is my age and still eats whatever he wants. Plus he drinks his fill almost every weekend. But he still walks around pretty much as lean as shit at around 220lbs. And he's my height (5'7") so we are both short. If I can keep my weight in the 185-190lb range at that conditioning, I'm doing good.

I've seen people that can get big...but look "fluffy" and I have seen people that can get ripped, but be all of a 150 lbs. He's the first guy I've seen that can be big and lean at the same time without "chemical assistance". And I know he's telling the truth as he's a national competitor in his sport, and he is drug tested.