07-29-2021, 06:06 PM   #94
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
That's odd. I mean I don't really watch softball but sucks for the athletes who compete for years to get a chance to compete in the Olympics.
Yep. I don't really watch a majority of these sports but when the Olympics come around, I find myself glued to my TV at times just because of the sort of novelty feel of it. Not sure if that makes any sense but I can't help but enjoy seeing the best compete against one another, regardless of the specific sport. Seeing the American flag go up and hearing the star spangled banner is awesome every time. Especially if the Americans beat their rivals like Russia or China.

That women's 4 x 200 swimming relay the other night was unbelievably exciting to witness. I mean how often do all 3 medalists break the world record in the same race?

Maybe even better was the surprise win by the 17 year old girl from Alaska Lydia Jacoby winning the gold in the 100m breastroke and the American Bobby Finke winning the first ever men's 800 meter freestyle event. He wasn't supposed to win and it didn't look like he would but came out like a bat out of hell in the final stretch to shock everyone. That is the exciting stuff.
Appreciate 2
premier3is1631.50
Littlebear3509.50