View Single Post
      01-04-2019, 06:46 PM   #5
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

I also have french double door/bottom freezer/through door ice maker water dispenser. It's branded as a GE but is really a Samsung refrigerator. Had it for probably about 8 years now. Overall, ok. But had some problems with it. Shortly after getting it, the frig would make some loud knocking popping noise. Had a tech come out to look it over and could never find the problem (of course) and the frig would never make the noise when the tech was here (of course). It eventually went away on its own. Had some sensor go bad which was replaced under the extended warranty I got. I also seem to recall a board needing to be replaced too but not entirely certain.

Current problem I have is some frosting issue with the coil in the back of the refrigerator section. It's causing water to build up at the bottom of the refrigerator. If I don't drain out the water over time it'll spill over and leak out onto the floor of the kitchen. I talked to a tech a while ago about this and said it is a common problem with those refrigerators. Told me how to do a fix for it, but I've been too lazy to take apart the refrigerator to try the fix.
Appreciate 1