View Single Post
      02-19-2019, 02:49 PM   #26
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Damn thats a long workout! Not a bad thing haha. Completely understandable dropping the weight first, It is how most prefer to do it. I wouldn't change every variable especially if you're concerned with gaining the weight back. If you're comfortable with doing that much cardio every day it's fine I just wouldn't over do it. I think it's best to slowly change things that way you are aware of what is causing which result.

I would start by increasing your caloric intake a little bit, maybe 200-300 calories(since you're attempting to gain muscle I'd shoot for around 1g protein per lb body weight). You could change up your weight routine a little, instead of drop sets shoot for 1-2 warmup sets followed by 2 working sets for each exercise, but all things considered diet and sleep are going to be your key contributors. If you aren't noticing much of a change after a week or so(positive or negative change) you could up the calories again.

If I am on a deficit I don't progress much in the gym. I would say I am close to 3000 calories every day. Personally I want to be as close to that line as possible without going over. If you're in too much of a deficit you won't progress much in terms of gaining muscle, if you go into the red you'll gain unnecessary weight.

Just how I go about it though, fitness/health advice is the most difficult to give lol everyone's different.

Also I'd recommend eating later in they day that way you're not going catabolic and eating away at your muscles! Casein protein is a consumer favorite, I prefer 3 eggs w/ ham cheese an hot sauce haha.
Appreciate the advice, this pretty much sums what what I've been thinking and reading.
Appreciate 1
JP102462.00