07-16-2019, 12:44 PM   #20
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestRace View Post
I remember Mike Ditka was proposing football players not wearing helmets to eliminate head injuries. Brilliant!
Actually ... rugby and Aussie footy players don't wear hard helmets, and there's just as much concern about concussive injuries in those full-contact sports as there is in the NFL. The primary differences are twofold:

- Heavily punitive penalties for hits above the shoulders or leading with the head
- Cultural (i.e., nowhere near as litigious societies as ours, and players accept both the personal risks and the responsibility for that risk toward and among other players).

Sorry, but Ditka's onto something. The rules have to change, and players have to share the responsibility for the risk.

As for the thread topic: I give CR about as much car-culture street cred (pun intended) as I give Garth Brooks metalhead street cred. Inane advice, as usual. With as much bread-and-butter content as CR deals with, it should know that at this stage the vast, vast, vast majority of parents don't give a whit about how a car works, much less how it gets from Point A to Point B -- ergo, their kids won't either.

Last edited by Viffermike; 07-16-2019 at 12:50 PM..
Appreciate 0