cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
I shut my facebook account down years ago. Just recently re-opened it as more of a social experiment with a personal growth achievement I'm trying to work on. I'm a type A asshole. I'm trying to learn how to let people be themselves without me making them feel any particular way about their decision making. I figured facebook was a perfect place for me to see an abundance of ignorance to test my abilities of keeping my (online) mouth shut. I have to remain about 60% professional at work.....I come here for the other 40% to be dispensed upon you lot.

I will admit that I am all too quick to send an email versus calling. The only reason being is that juggling multiple projects under two different job titles, things can get a little scattered. With an email, I can always go back and verify the conversation, details of said conversation, install dates, product info etc. I'm more dependent on outlook than I am anything else. Now if I need to speak to a contractor, I always call them initially. I love messing with those guys.

To touch on the lack of human interaction. Some of the job interviewees today......wow..... I interviewed a girl a few years back that couldn't put her phone down the entire time she was in my office. At one point I stopped talking and just stared at her. The silence finally got her attention. She looked up from her phone and I just smiled and said, "No, it's ok. I don't have anything else to do with my day. I'll wait on you." She did not detect the sarcasm. When she finally looked up at me again, I didn't even finish the interview. I asked her if she had any questions. Of course she asked how much she would make an hour.
Don't get me wrong, I rely on email for a lot. BUT there are times when a call is the best way. If you need a favor, if it's something important, problem resolution....

I've had a few interviews like that. Pretty scary. We had one girl who was videoing her arrival?
MKSixer34184.50