Thread: Ireland
View Single Post
      04-18-2019, 01:58 PM   #4
2000cs
Captain
Rep
Drives: Potato

I don’t think I would chance sleep by winging it during a nice month like May. I did a similar trip about 12 years ago and planned a different B&B in several areas. Unfortunately that knowledge is now stale, but some googling should get some good options.

Highlights for us were the Ring of Kerry and the Burren (our guide there was hilarious. Met him in the pub the night before and decided to hire him). Shane was his name, had been featured (we later learned) in National Geographic Traveller. I liked the beehive huts and castle ruins around the island. Enjoyed the Galway peninsula quite a bit but not the town so much (we’re not city folks so preferred the small towns and villages). Cliffs of Moher, also known by some as the Cliffs of Insanity, were really cool.

Basically we rented a car in Shanan and would stay 1-2 nights in each B&B/Castle/Hotel, then explore the area. Having researched some things we had a bit of a game plan for each area, but would go to the pub and chat up local recommendations then modify the plan accordingly. Found some of the old rings that way, and some interesting local history and lore.

One place I have not been but really wish I had is Giant’s Causeway. Another trip, I suppose.

Golfers have a totally different Ireland experience.
Appreciate 2
sygazelle11419.00
Run Silent15127.00