Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jct_m3 View Post
alright i'm not watching your video. but my client just had it happen to them. it's not covered by warranty either. Do as you please just a tip
It's not my video (although it does in fact convincingly and with data demonstrate that tinting your sunroof does not in fact build up heat but the reverse), but understood and 1) there is usually a guarantee by the detailer or dealer, and 2) that doesn't seem to be a problem with any type of modern tinting, by several reports, and this one was fairly illustrative. And may not in fact have been a problem in the past (other than by unconfirmed Internet "I know a guy" or "It happened to me" testimonials), although there have certainly been instances of the sunroof/moonroof shattering on virtually any model of car for any unknown reason, BMW included, tinted and not tinted (and very likely more non-tinted since that's less common) - in general, legally however, in the event your sunroof shattered (say a year after tinting and within the warranty period), it would be BMW's responsibility to prove that tinting caused it, not yours to prove that it didn't - although a rock, falling debris or hail hitting your tinted sunroof and shattering it, for example would not be a warranty claim and BMW could just as easily claim that. Good to investigate and understand prior to any aftermarket changes to your car - coding, tinting, painting, non-OEM parts and mods included - how your warranty might be affected. But just because you modify your car in any way doesn't automatically void your warranty.

Last edited by Paladin1; 06-10-2022 at 12:38 PM..
Appreciate 2
PhilD165.50
iamvanja167.00