09-10-2013, 03:34 AM   #26
The Big O
Private
South Africa
Rep
Drives: E82 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicbimmer19
The price is reasonable. If anything it's low. This car doesn't have any competition. It offers something completely different to rich folks that are looking for an edge.

Still, WHAT THE FUCK were management at BMW thinking allowing a BMW without double round headlamps????????????????????????????????????????? ???????

The Audi lights in the pictures that leaked a few days ago, they at least looked good. Bizarre for a BMW, but they looked good. The U inside the U at the premier just completely turned me off. I was sooooo excited for this car, but I can't anymore. It is NOT a BMW without double round headlamps. I don't give a shit what BMW says is BMW i's own design or interpretation or whatever nonsense. This is NOT a BMW.
Agree, the corona rings give it a distinct BMW character, even from distance. Giving it these Audi-like highlights shows a lack of self-confidence, which is a characteristic that BMW is displaying more and more these days. Its as if they don't have a vision. Their philosophy seems to be to do whatever works for the other two competitors.
Appreciate 0