View Single Post
      02-17-2014, 04:39 PM   #39
2swift
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Still my dream car. Awesome upgrade. Congrats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
That is so awesome. That's where a good chunk of us ///M3 guys aspire to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKG M3 View Post
Very well done my good man, very well done indeed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
Nicely done. Congrats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powaup View Post
Awesome ride! Love Porsches
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMG View Post
Looks amazing,congrats !
Thank you all for your feedback. Definitely an awesome car that I've been enjoying since day one and very humbling/blessed to own one. Here's another pic for your guys. Definitely shows its true current stance from the rear:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl L View Post
The brakes on my 996TT I owned back in 2004 squeaked from the day I bought it to the day I sold it. Annoying as hell, had to keep the windows up. Sure did stop well though.

Congrats on the car, I've heard great things about the 991. Enjoy many happy miles in her.
Oh boy, I hope that's not the case. It drives me insane at times, especially after a long day at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER View Post
I have 2013 991 C4S, my stock brakes do not make any noise.

They only squeal when I install my Pagid track pads, but that's to be expected.

I have the Akra exhaust on mine, sounds pretty awesome.
Lucky, man! I definitely need my exhaust to arrive to at least help diminish the braking noise. I've heard sound clips of the Akra exhaust. Definitely sounds like a beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by US///M3 View Post
Beautiful car!
I dont like the wheels, they look like chrome wheels, too much bling for a proper sports car.
Thanks! The finish I chose is actually a light brush on the top of the face with polished windows (all with clearcoat on top). Here's a pic of my wheel up close:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonn View Post
Lawrence told me about this thread yesterday so I just wanted to drop by and say Congrats!!!

and

Enjoy in good health
Thanks bro! Your car looks badass too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
I am obsessed with the 991 after driving a 4s.

is that a regular carerra? how is the power compared to the m3?

overall impressions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTO24 View Post
Sick!! Love the color combo.. I would love to move up to a 991 next car. Please give us a review of the carrera vs the M!
Yup, I got the regular carrera. I know if I test drove the S, I would not be able to drive the regular carrera and regret not going with the S haha. Given my budget, the base was the only way to go.

I'll try to do a more thorough review next time. But in a nutshell, the looks/interior controls/navi/power for daily driving are all on point and I would say "better" than the bimmer. I really thought I would miss the M3. After a good day of driving in the 991, however, the only thing I miss about the M3 was the 6MT/engine noise. The PDK is super fast and still fun to drive but I do miss stick shift at times. I definitely can't complain about the MPG either on the 991 compared to the M3, and the turning in the 991 is just flawless and easy. Everything about the 991 just seems solid and opens up nicely/linearly at WOT.
2014 Porsche 991 C2S - SOLD!
2011.5 E92 M3 6MT - SOLD!
Appreciate 0