View Single Post
      01-05-2018, 06:24 PM   #67
amgraham
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X5 x35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by paimon.soror View Post
So far Sling has been interesting. I watched a few basketball games last night on TNT, but mostly we have been sitting and watching some TBS. I honestly have been "pretending" that i dont have cable (my wife, not so much yet lol), and so far so good. Every once in a while a channel will 'hang'... so i basically have to open the guide and re-open the channel i was watching.

An earlier point on cost was a good one.... it gets very interesting if you start factoring in buying an hd antenna, maybe adding a hulu subscription, plus streaming (we already have netflix so it isn't 'added expense'). I'm sure if it only comes down to 30 bucks, the curiosity will be "is it worth the hassle".... My guess is no.
Yeah, it's certainly not cutting my $170-ish internet/cable bill in half, or anything like that. Would be nice but, no. Would still end up at $130-ish, for both, combined. But... like I said... I have TVs in the guest room and exercise room and could put one out in the garage, and have them "connected" for cheap, with availability to the full "content". Right now, the guest room and exercise room are on Roku's, with what you can get for "free". I don't have a TV in the garage but if I could watch racing out there while I'm working without paying $10/month for a box rental from Comcast, I probably would stick one up on the wall. So... What I was getting at was... $30-$40 a month savings "as is" but... I can "add" three TVs without the $30/month price increase from Comcast for rental boxes.
Appreciate 0