View Single Post
      10-12-2021, 10:02 PM   #16
yousefnjr
salty cowboys fan
Rep
Drives: ‘06 Z4MR, ‘20 X7, ‘22 M4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Only EV I'd consider...if I were forced to buy an EV.

With that being said, 5000 lbs LOL. I'd imagine price will be pretty much in line with the M3. So save for the convenience/cost savings of charging at home, what possible advantage does this offer to the enthusiast over an M3?
I suppose it depends what you mean by enthusiast. If you’re looking for some lightweight track machine full of feel, this isn’t it. I think there are people out there that can appreciate the engineering and breadth of ability in a car like this though. Indeed it’s more of an appliance, but I’m not so sure that’s a bad thing. My beloved dishwasher is also an appliance, I’m not out here trying to hand wash every cup and bowl lol. Ease of use counts for something, and a car like this can tick a lot of boxes. I’m trying to decide between an M4 and i4 M50 myself, and seeing the stop-sale last week for S58 bearings was a reminder to me that my i3 has been the only trouble-free BMW I’ve ever had. I assume the i4 will be just as reliable but who knows at this point.

To me personally the biggest advantages the i4 has are running the AC/heater remotely anytime without starting the engine, no trips to the gas station, price, and (presumably) reliability. If you already have a fun/sports car, these are great qualities in a daily tbh. Jury is still out on comfort/ride quality

Still leaning M4 at the moment but it’s a tough choice