11-11-2014, 06:54 PM   #39
Carac
Captain
Rep
Drives: E30M3, E39M5, SLSAMG, RRS SVR

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Lined View Post
Calm down there. M3 speaking from experience here. By the time you graduate from medical school (unless you have a cheap in state option) you will have enough in loans to cover the 2 i8s. Add on the interest and you can cover 2 i8s and the Lambo in money you will be paying back. Needless to say, medicine is NOT a gateway to the OPs garage. Medical school is very arduous beginning with M1 when they throw you in that anatomy lab and tell you start memorizing the brachial plexus or when you take path during M2 or when you have 4am-7pm days on surgery with a Shelf you have to study for when you get home, you will realize this. Also, please don't go around telling people you are pre-med lol.

The OP obviously did very well for him or herself financially to have these items, but that doesn't mean you can't be "rich" in a sense in another manner (i.e: saving that newborn with hydrocephalus or allowing a grandparent to see their grandchildren once again). Medicine will make you rich in the latter, not the former (but hey, it could if you get a 270 on the board and match plastics lol).

Nice car OP. Sorry for the sidetrack.
Seconded, its a LONG time before you start making an appreciable amount of disposable income and that's if you're single. If you've got a wife and kids, its even longer. That doesn't mean it's not worth it, just that it takes a while to get going. My best-friend is a 2nd year surgical resident. His grandparents have paid most of his way through school (LUCKY!) and he was forced to get a new car when his 2002 Mustang finally died. He wanted something "sporty" and the best thing he could swing was a VW Golf...and he said he won't be able to afford anything nicer for a good half decade. Medicine is LONG path to stable, in-demand employment not a get rich quick plan. Engineering on the other-hand is a fairly quick path. My chemical engineering friends were making $120k+ straight out of college, maybe $50-60k in debt thanks in in-state tuition.

Last edited by Carac; 11-11-2014 at 07:17 PM..
Appreciate 0