View Single Post
      11-11-2014, 07:17 PM   #41
MghtyPtrck
Rep
Drives: i3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carac View Post
Seconded, its a LONG time before you start making an appreciable amount of disposable income and that's if you're single. If you've got a wife and kids, its even longer. My best-friend is a 2nd year surgical resident. His grandparents have paid most of his way through school (LUCKY!) and he was forced to get a new car when his 2002 Mustang finally died. He wanted something "sporty" and the best thing he could swing was a VW Golf...and he said he won't be able to afford anything nicer for a good half decade. Medicine is LONG path to stable, in-demand employment not a get rich quick plan. Engineering on the other-hand is a fairly quick path. My chemical engineering friends were making $120k+ straight out of college, maybe $50-60k in debt thanks in in-state tuition.
Okay, and?

I make a general statement and you guys think you know me and what my situation is based on people you know!

Am I suppose to apologize or change my career goals because what I am trying to become "won't" have a quick monetary return? Compared to the people you know or whatever you do?

L O L

And stop bringing up people you know... this is the internet.

I think my i3 will last me awhile.
Appreciate 0