08-24-2018, 01:48 PM   #831
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCThreePedals View Post
They will not release the supra in a manual? No one ever wanted a automatic supra and I don't see that changing
Problem is, no one wants a manual anything these days, #SaveTheManuals movement notwithstanding.

It's simply not going to be cost-effective to build -- and before people bring up the I'd-pay-extra-for-a-manual argument, realize that you make up, at most, five percent of the potential market for a sports coupe in that price segment these days. That's one in 20 buyers, max.

Is a large car manufacturer going to invest in commissioning, R&D, testing, tooling, government certification, and so on to sell, at most, a few hundred extra cars per year? Ummm ... no.

Both Toyota and BMW make cars to sell them. They don't make cars to cater to fringe customers that represent a dying feature set (and that statement is coming from a former die-hard manual guy) for a myriad of very legitimate reasons.

Would I like to see a manual Supra? Of course. But I totally understand why it's not going to happen.
Appreciate 0