View Single Post
      01-22-2019, 05:00 PM   #4
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Depends on your work situation. Its not really about cost savings vs gas, but the convenience of not having to go to a gas station.

I rent a townhome, but have never been in a situation that 220v isn't already in the garage. So it's less than a grand, and frequently less to have an electrician add an outlet.

But if I had an apartment or situation without a garage (although those frequently have charging available) I'd just need to ensure that I could charge at work. Even if I pay for it, that's not a big deal. I don't buy an ICE expecting free fill ups, I don't really expect free electricity for an EV either.
To me it just seems too inconvenient unless you are just commuting to work. I would get a plug in hybrid instead. You have to plan your day around charging the car and trying to find a charger at work. If you plan on not driving for awhile it could be a problem if the car is not plugged in. Just too impractical at this point without home charging so you always have a full charge when you leave home.
Appreciate 0