10-31-2016, 03:46 PM   #62
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedog7700 View Post
Go back and read what i said on the things i think about before "street racing". Maybe you will agree with me then. No, i dont race in populated areas with sidewalks, again, that sounds stupid and lacks any sort of common sense/judgement.
No, I won't agree with you. There's no scenario in which street racing is appropriate, period.

Here's my real issue - anything than can be enjoyed can also be abused. It falls to the true enthusiasts of whatever that thing is to self-regulate themselves and promote a positive image around that thing. For example, I play a lot of paintball and we go out of our way to discourage kids from doing stupid things with paintball guns. Not just because someone could get hurt, but because we know that if too many people get hurt the thing we love could very well go away.

It's no different with cars. As they get more and more powerful and video cameras are now everywhere, there's a real chance that some overzealous politician could get uppity and try to ruin it for all of us. Stop helping them.