Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gosi View Post
My opinion is that on a 2019 vehicle the battery shouldn’t be on its way out, so should be replaced free of charge.

On the other hand the mechanic put in effort to replace your battery when he could have just as easily ignored it, the 8 dollars he charged you wouldn’t be going into his pocket and that kind of money isn’t significant to anyone anyway.

I would have said thank you for the effort, explained that I actually changed the battery myself and paid the 8 dollars.
I think you're missing the point. The owner never asked for the battery to be changed and the dealership never told him that they are going to perform a service on his battery. This is about transparency. This is about extortion. If the dealership was really doing this out of the goodness of their heart, they would have never charged $8.
This sums it up perfectly.

I'm amazed a few of you are so willing to just pay for things you didn't ask for or need. Is there a dollar limit to that? Sure it was only $8 in this case but what if it was $20 or $100 or $1,000?
Appreciate 0