First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2C X5M M4

Garage List
2018 BMW M4  [0.00]
2019 BMW M2 Competi ...  [10.00]
2017 BMW X5M  [0.00]
I guess were all different and have different expectations of what service is. I know that one customer would complain if you did a brake fluid change @£40 on top of what was booked but another would complain if they had to come back again and waste there time if it was due next month. This I must say @ £40 should be approved by the customer.

With a £5 battery I would take a chance BUT I would not alienate a customer over £5 if they were not happy and I would let it go and I also would not tut or sigh as that is poor. I may tut and sigh privately in my head but my head is my head and out of bounds. I would not have the time and I know many would be annoyed if I called them over a £5 battery

The people who can see both sides are the people who I think will probably give the best service as it's pleasing both opinions and changing on the fly to give good customer service, I don't think in a service sector job you can have a really firm opinion of this is really bad or really good as service is pleasing the customer what ever they need.

As customer relationships form this becomes easier as you get to know person A wants it done right and with the least inconvenience but person B has a budget and needs to have the most cost effective result

Lastly in my eyes the biggest balls up was from point of putting in the dud battery, if he couldn't find the old one he maybe should have said "sorry sir it's a chargeable part and monitored stock but I wouldn't be able to find your old one so as a valued customer please have it on us but next time remind me you don't want the battery changed, have a great day an sorry again for the mix up

Disclaimer only my opinion and not right or wrong.
Appreciate 1
SherM4n630.00