United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Always been a fan of The Descendents.

This thread takes me back.
I'm one of those few who aren't a big fan of the Descendants. I'll listen to them, but can't really do more than a song or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
I'm discovering there's more fans of punk (You ska fans are welcome too) on this forum that I would have guessed. Post up your list of favorite bands, favorite concert moments, that "first band" that blew your mind before you even knew punk existed, etc. I'll get us started:

Favorite Bands: Rancid, Operation Ivy, The Minute Men, Black Flag, The Germs, Pennywise, NoFX, The Distillers, The Interrupters, Minor Threat, Agent Orange, The Ramones, DK, JFA, Bad Brains.

Favorite Guilty Pleasure "Thats Not F'ing Punk that's Crap" Band: Early Blink-182

Favorite Punk Show Moment: Some random radio-jam summer festival. 2 stages. Main stage has Everclear going like 20 minutes over their set time with no end in sight. Pennywise on the B Stage. Fletcher starts screaming profanities and death threats into the mic, directed at Art Alexakis, then the band just fires up anyway and starts playing right over the top of stupid F'ing Everclear.

Most "Punk" Moment at a Show: Indoor stadium show. Bad Religion and I think the Foo Fighters. Got hit in the back of the head with a blue snowcone. Went to the bathroom to clean up and got vomited on on the way. Continued to the bathroom, cleaned up as best I could. Went to take a leak at the urinal and the dude next to me falls over while pissing and pissed on my leg. I was wearing shorts.

The moment I discovered punk: Skate show in LA in the mid 80's. I was about 11. They had a stage and I'm pretty sure I saw JFA. My mind was blown. My grandma, who took me to the skate show, thought a riot was breaking out when she saw the pit and she made me leave.
Okay, I'll add to this:

Favorite Punk Bands: Screeching Weasel, Bouncing Souls, The Dead Milkmen, No Use For A Name, Face to Face, Dead Kennedy's, Skif Dank, The Real McKenzies, and Total Chaos.

Favorite Guilty Pleasure "Thats Not F'ing Punk that's Crap" Band: Avril Lavigne

Favorite Punk Show Moment: Only 'somewhat' punk, more ska probably, but best concert moment ever was watching Sublime play live in Honolulu. Was probably one of the best shows I've ever been to. Bradley died about a year later. Also saw Rancid, with NOFX and Pennywise at Hard Rock Live in Orlando back around 2000-2001. Was probably the best concert I've ever seen. Everyone just had a blast.

Most "Punk" Moment at a Show: At that same show above (Rancid, NOFX, PW), I was there with my good friend P-Vich and a couple of girls we were sort of dating. They were good looking enough to convince the bouncers to let us all backstage after the show. Both P-Vich and I were trashed, and no one was back there anymore except for NOFX. So we all sat around with Fat Mike and El Hefe, drinking and telling stories. P-Vich proceeds to stand up, walk over to a big 50gal trash can and hurl. When done, he just passed out and fell headfirst into said trash can. Everyone in the room just watched and didn't even get up. Finally, his date walks over and kicks the can over so he and the can fall and he topples out, covered in trash and his own vomit. He was pissed that I wouldn't let him in the car and he ended up sneaking into one of the Downtown Disney hotels and washing off in the sink of a restroom before he was allowed into my car the next morning.

The moment I discovered punk: Was dating a girl in High School and I was mostly into Alt Rock like Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, etc along with Industrial like Skinny Puppy, Front 242 and the like. She played me a Rancid tape and a Fugazi tape. I was hooked after that.

Last edited by Run Silent; 12-12-2018 at 08:20 AM..
Appreciate 1
DETRoadster11456.00