View Single Post
      05-23-2022, 08:57 PM   #7
mcl
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 i3, 2022 iX50

Quote:
Originally Posted by npa201 View Post
I see you've optioned the 21" Dark Wheels. I have the same wheels optioned but when I see the YouTube videos of these wheels they some how look unfinished or off somehow. This is despite the fact that I have completely black wheels on my Model Y Performance and my X5 winter tiresetup is all black as well and I like the look. I'm thinking maybe I should reconsider and option the bi-color wheels that have the chrome strip around the outside of the wheel for extra contrast but am unsure. If you could go back and reconfigure the car, would you have kept the same dark wheels? Is the black glossy parts just plastic caps or is it high gloss metal that looks better in person? Thanks in advance.
A small part of it is glossy plastic (they're little triangle pieces) but the rest is metal. Looks are so subjective, but they look pretty good to me and if I were going 21" again, I'd keep them. I do think if I had to do it over, I'd probably go 22" as I think they look a bit better proportioned to the car.