View Single Post
      01-23-2021, 07:58 PM   #27
Eye3
Rep
Drives: 2020 i3; 2021 X1 xdrive

Perfect Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by REX-limited View Post
You can set the value "Tuning mode" to "yes" with the bimmer code in expert mode, then the pedestrian protection is always completely switched off, in the normal menu you switch the pedestrian protection to on, so that no bulb appears in the display, and still the pedestrian protection is permanently switched off by the value of the variable "Tuning mode".
I have tried the different values for a longer time to get the right one, because I didn't want to have the annoying sound or the annoying bulb in the display.

Greetings from germany.
This really is the best solution, so thanks so much. I tried unplugging the VSG and it worked well except for the annoying error/warning messages and lights on the dash. I tried to code but realized I needed to plug the VSG back in. . Today I plugged the VSG back in, and coded using the solution above. The end result is perfect. Usual sound at start up, sound while in drive disappears totally as soon as you press on the accelerator and drive off. The sound in reverse is still there, but I actually prefer it that way. Thanks all for the comments.

Greetings from the San Francisco area.
Appreciate 0