View Single Post
      05-21-2018, 01:34 PM   #27
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
make sure on your binder you have it noted that you only want brand new OEM replacement parts. If not you will get refurbished parts that are covered by their warranty. This can come back to burn you. If I wasn't in the situation I am, I would have been screwed when I was with Gieco and I hit a deer years back. They would only offer me refurbished parts and or the value of those parts which was WAY lower then OEM parts. for someone who would have to pay full cost for OEM parts it would have been a crapload of money.

Im with and have been with since that day with Farmers, also have it noted only replace with OEM brand new parts.
You just have to work with a trusted body shop which has the same standards as you and is willing to go to bat to fight for OEM parts. The body shop I use has used nothing but OEM parts for me except where it made sense not to fight the insurance company. Wife's car was in a deer strike situation where her front end was affected. My body shop was able to get all OEM parts except for the condenser coil for the A/C which I'm ok with. Her car was also rear ended in a highway chain reaction which again wasn't her fault. Liberty Mutual was the insurance company of the at fault party. My body shop fought and got approval for all OEM parts to include replacing the entire rear hatch on her RDX because the body lines would not line up.
Appreciate 0