First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewAZ View Post
No you take what I have said and you twist it around. I never called anyone who doesn't lease stupid you did. You have also taken various things I have said and interpreted them in your own way. You came into this topic with a mindset that you are right and only you are right and your only response is to attack and twist what I have said.

I was responded to someone who said "rich" people buy and dont care.. I said thats just plain stupid you dont get rich by spending and wasting money. And again a lot of people buy the car then go to a bank and take out a loan. Its very rare for people to fully pay 100% cash for a car 99% of people lease or get financing. Its like owning a home a lot of people with expensive homes take out a home loan betting on the fact they can beat the lending rate and make money.

And I do stick by my statement that it is stupid to fully pay 100% cash for a car.

I dont call people who finance stupid or people who lease stupid but paying 100% cash is just saying you dont care or dont know how to make money work fro you.
I thought you were done?

I suggest you read the the last line of your original post, when you said it is "foolish". And here you DO say it is stupid. ok, you are correct, you didn't call us stupid, just said we are doing stupid and foolish things financially. That makes me feel much less insulted.

i would continue to debate you that your answer doesn't work for EVERYBODY, but I tried and didn't get thru, and I'm sure everybody else is sick of this anyway, including my rants.

You are right, we cash buyers made a stupid decision and are foolish.....regardless of our age, retirement horizon (maybe even IN retirement, we should all follow your logic) portfolio size, portfolio mix, personal risk tolerance, market conditions, personal tax structure, life situation, etc. You figured all that out, for all of us. Thank you for your wisdom. And your insults.
Appreciate 0