View Single Post
      04-13-2020, 09:00 AM   #6
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

I remember one movie I went to. Some geniuses thought it was a good idea to bring their infant with them to an action movie. Of course the baby is crying due to all the loud noises. Parents did nothing. Just sat there despite everyone around glaring at them. Finally, one person had enough. Got up and came back later with a theater employee in tow. Employee has some words with the parents. The father gets up with the baby and leaves the theater. Mother dissatisfied that the world doesn't revolve around them says some choice words to the family that reported them. More words get exchanged and the family that did nothing wrong gets up and leaves.

Lately the only movies/theaters I've been to have been large blockbuster ones that the viewing is corporate sponsored. They've been held at cinema draft house type venues and I didn't have to pay a dime to include food and drink.

I also don't enjoy going to the theaters due to their sound systems. Even at the ones with the supposed latest/nicest audio systems, I can't get passed how distorted and loud they have these things tuned. My pet peeve is at many public venues people think loud is automatically better. It's not. I just don't know how people tolerate loud distorted sound that jeopardizes their hearing. My sound system at home isn't the best money can buy. But there has been careful selection of the equipment and proper tuning/setup. I'd have no issues putting up my system against systems costing many times more.
Appreciate 2
ASAP10161.00
Murf99314114.00