Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face Pony Soldier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
II also don't enjoy going to the theaters due to their sound systems. Even at the ones with the supposed latest/nicest audio systems, I can't get passed how distorted and loud they have these things tuned. My pet peeve is at many public venues people think loud is automatically better. It's not. I just don't know how people tolerate loud distorted sound that jeopardizes their hearing. My sound system at home isn't the best money can buy. But there has been careful selection of the equipment and proper tuning/setup. I'd have no issues putting up my system against systems costing many times more.
Since my career is related to home theaters, I feel compelled to occasionally visit a proper commercial cinema to reacquaint myself with the public's experience. Because this is such a rare event for me I'll always visit a "special" venue in an attempt to observe the current state-of-the-art commercial cinemas. I always leave disappointed in the performance of the audio and video systems. I genuinely find this situation very sad. The last time I went the projector lens was so dirty it distracted me through the entire movie!

I always joke... I'll go to the cinema when they agree to pause the movie when I need to use the restroom. Until then I do it at home where I have all my comforts, privacy, and control.
Perhaps you should choose a theatre with more than one seat and a newspaper lined floor?

<joking>

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 2
Murf99314114.00
RickFLM410979.50