View Single Post
      08-07-2008, 03:00 PM   #4
wrestleSBA
Private
Rep
Drives: 325i

Kind of excited about the Opening Ceremony but just because it means it is time to get things started.

I am a wrestling coach when not working the real job (try to spend more time coaching than working lol!) so I am anxiously awaiting the wrestling tournaments. I have met a few of our Olympians this year and can't wait to see how they do.

The only problem with being a lower tier sport is the TV time will be sparse. We can catch teh webcasts but they will be on at like 4 and 5 in the morning thanks to the time shift in China. Going to be some early mornings for me because I plan on missing as little as possible.

I was mildly interested in teh gymnastics but now with both Hamm brothers out the USA is going to be hurting big time there.

Of course I will watch some of the standard events like Track and Field but for me it is all about the wrestling. I really wish they would stop trying to modernize the Olympics so much and leave the traditional sports as the focus. Damn all the IOC wants to do is make money!