View Single Post
      10-16-2015, 05:35 PM   #74
brianeck
Part Time Firetruck Crash Barrier
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix Mineral Grey

Low carb < 40 grams a day is the easiest thing you can possibly do. You don't have to count calories, just fill up on whatever proteins fats and veggies you want. Fat is not the enemy it is a perfectly reasonable source of energy, especially when you cut out the carbs. This is for reasonably clean fat loss. Like everyone else said, amp up your resistance training to really kickstart your fat burning. If you have a ton of muscle (like nicksm3 above!) you really need the carbs to promote the appearance of vascularity and shreddedness, but in your case with the primary goal being sustainable fat loss and not an actual body building competition low carb is in my opinion the best place for you to go.

I have been drinking socially (strictly Vodka sodas and Martinis, and if I'm way low on my carb count a glass of wine or 2) and maintaining about 1-1.5 lbs a week of weight loss, so you really do not need to totally cut out alcohol totally just keep in mind it is extra calories. I don't consider them empty since they are way more fun then other calories haha.

Read about Carb nite, its a great low carb solution with a lot of modern research behind it: http://carbnite.com/.

If you want to build muscle substantially while potentially burning fat, Carb Backloading offers a different twist that lets you get away with carbs, and a ton of them, after successful heavy resistance training. But if you're just looking to trim down skip the carbs altogether.

I go as far as skipping even the good carbs (sweet potatoes etc) during my heavy travel season for work, as I don't always have time to work out. . . That said, you STILL lose body fat just from the diet alone in any given day as long as you stick to it. The first 10 days you could drop as much as 5 lbs or so as your body drops water weight in a hurry and gets into high gear, but it will definitely slow down after that. 1-1 1/2 lbs a week is more than conceivable, so 2 months is not a hefty goal.

Just keep telling yourself that carbs are the devil, and stock up on deli meat and cheese.

m340ix Mineral Grey/Tacora Red
Appreciate 0