02-10-2016, 11:39 PM   #78
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiike32 View Post
I did 20 lbs in 2 months, but I'm pretty active for a sedentary corporate job and a man of routine and didn't focus on weight but body fat %.

Swim in the morning - every morning.
breakfast/snack = yogurt or protein shake
lunch = chicken wild rice and veggies and go to gym (I'm lucky to have my gym across the street from my work) and circuit train 30 mins.
mid afternoon snack = granola
dinner = 2/3 veggies 1/3 meat 1/3 carb
don't eat after 8pm
Lift at least twice a week in the evening.

rinse and repeat.

Total I went from 230-185 in a little over 6 months. Don't eat after 8pm and be dedicated.
I didn't do any of that shit and lost the same amount in the same time. And i ate and still eat after 8pm every night. Calories in vs calories out. End of story with regards to losing weight.

Yes, there are macro ratios that are more healthy and even more so are responsible for how well one feels, energy levels, crashing, etc... but the bottom line is that you can sit on the sofa and eat ice-cream and cake for all your meals. Might be 2 or 3 bites each meal, but you'll lose weight so long as the calories from your cake and ice-cream are less than the calories you burn each day.

That said, your plan and execution is solid. Nice work!

Edit: old ass thread! lol