01-13-2019, 05:36 AM   #10
Ionicsilveri8
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Donington grey i8 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrannyB View Post
Yup... Mid 70s. Tires are almost new... The photos are from the test drive. I bet you are super excited! Love to see it when you get it!
Love the car and certainly the best colour for me, which is why I chose Ionic silver too.

I can tell that you’ve had tyre work since the fitters have put the rear alloys on the wrong sides. I found this out that hard way, the alloys are directional but the tyres aren’t. Just look at the “W” on the front wheel and compare it to the “W” on the rear... they’re different. The rear wheels need swapping over so that they match the front. This won’t affect the tyres as long as you have the correct BMW tyres fitted.

I had this with my turbines that are fitted to my i8 that I bought second hand from a BMW dealer, you would think they would know better. The alloys are designed to aid cooling to the brakes so they really need to be right.

It’s surprising how many i8s are out there like this! For me it’s an OCD thing!!

Can’t help with the interior, mine has an embossed i8 symbol on the headrests which I was told was the best trim but I really don’t know.

Enjoy it, I’m sure you will!
Appreciate 1
Rebound152.50