12-28-2020, 09:08 PM   #83
fgpalmer71
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Genesis sedan 3.8 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
2.5 hours of stops from florida to indiana ? I did a straight shot from MO to NC and back in 1 day when i sold my GTR. On the trip there i just stopped for fuel. If i needed to pee i would pee at the gas station. I brought snacks with me so no need to stop and eat.

not saying one way is right or wrong. Just some of us are very inpatient and want to get things done asap. Even if its just a day trip to the nearest city (~300 miles round trip) i dont want to have to stop any longer than i have to on my drive home. I value time more than cost of gas.
I can agree with that, 2.5 hrs of stopping might seem excessive I guess. When I was younger we would make the trip to the beach house in Myrtle Beach or Cape Coral FL in damn near straight through fashion. We'd pee in bottles to avoid stopping. We'd pack food in coolers to limit our stops. I get what your saying for sure. This last trip was 2 guys in their mid 40's....things are different now. I'm in less of a hurry at this stage of my life for whatever reason. I don't eat fastfood anymore, I wasn't eating in the car I spent forever and a day finding....I'd rather sit down for a proper meal and relax. We made the trip in a little under 14 hours IIRC, WITH the 2.5 hours of total stopping time. When you do the math our average speed was ridiculous....which on it's face seems absurd after saying I'm in less of a hurry these days! Lol

But my best friend since 13 and I enjoyed the trip. Everyone's wants and needs are different. I wanted an E93....regardless of how many people told me it was a ridiculous purchase, a money pit, unreliable as hell, I bought one. I like it. I enjoy driving it. It makes me smile. Same applies to my future Tesla!
Appreciate 3
stein_325i25083.00
Humdizzle6069.00
Vivek.1367.50