View Single Post
      12-22-2023, 07:49 AM   #24
tommyb13662
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

I sadly have a bad experience with Yorkshire DPF. First off I had to keep hounding them for 6 months after I paid for my tune and unit. This was 2021-2022. Then the unit I received was NOT the one advertised on their site but a jenky budget off brand(my Genius). Third I reset the car to stock per device instructions and per DPF. while it was at BMW my reason for resetting it to stock. They flashed an update to the ECU. Got the car back and the tuner would no longer talk to the car because of a software mismatch. Tried going through DPF to reset the unit and no dice. It's locked to previous software and won't allow reset. Even though I followed the instructions prior to sending it to BMW to put the device into a state that would allow it to be reset according to DPF and the device. So I waited for months for a not as advertised unit that's a paperweight. The only offer from DPF is for me to buy the original tuning unit that they offered and I supposedly paid for at the start... So not only did I wait months for a unit that was cheaper and not as advertised.(reset it and use on other cars) Its locked to a version of my i8 that doesn't exist simply because the dealer flashed an update to the ECU... Neither DPF or the company that makes the my Genius has been any help.
Appreciate 0