03-03-2016, 11:39 AM   #39
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher22 View Post
Well, it's too bad for Trump and his supporters then.

The government is not set up to function like a private company and trying to run it like one will be a miserable failure.
On a small scale that seems to work. Or i should say that someone with a business mind can certainly turn things around.

FL had politicians running things deep into the red for years. It was on the verge of financial crisis when Gov Rick Scott came into office. He entered the political arena only 1 year before making a run for Governor. Once in office he made the hard decisions to stop spending. He was not very popular with those employed by the State but within his first term, FL was back in the black and new plans for sustainable spending have been implemented and government spending has finally started back up. FL is now ranked as the 5th most financially healthy state in the Union and if things stay the same is projected to remain mostly self sustainable for the foreseeable future.

I'm sure it's a simplistic view to assume the same can happen on a federal level and i'm not sure Tump is the guy, but doing the same political garbage over and over expecting different results is just insanity.