Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage View Post
Absolutely agreed. MyFitnessPal is an excellent starting point for gaining, losing, or maintaining bodily mass down to the terms of macro distribution. If you pay for the premium version (like I do) you get to receive full breakdowns of where the majority of your carbohydrates are coming from, and more in depth looks into the foods you are consuming.

Do you use a heart rate monitor? I use a Fitbit blaze for the majority of my HIIT and even my weight training routines, and it greatly helps to keep things into perspective. But high proteins, moderate carbohydrates and [good] fats are key, as well as knowing what to consume.

You don't want to invalidate your muscle gain based on consuming too little, or too much of the wrong stuff.
Once again well said. Things I already knew, but I think what you've said is very basic knowledge needed for people trying to accomplish certain levels of performance.

Your last statement is the basis of my need for help. I don't want to consume too little and make myself miserable and lose muscle mass, but I also know eating too much will not get me to my bfp goal. The quality of food I eat is very good, my workouts are decent but I could definitely add a little more HIIT routines in, and now I need to just track my calories closely to reach my goal.
Appreciate 1