View Single Post
      12-21-2018, 04:05 AM   #19
N420i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 420i lightly modded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckysaurus View Post
Color rendition matters more than it being 4K.

Assuming you're using LR and then PS afterwards, go with one that has a decent sized monitor (at least 15 inches, up to 17 inches if you can manage) and runs off a SSD.

If you edit more at home, the money is better spent on a desktop.

There's really no advantage to having a 4k monitor unless you're shooting with at least a 36-48+MP camera with super-sharp lenses to go with the set-up.
4k is in fact a only hair over 8 megapixels... So you could be shooting with your phone and still not be able to fit the images on the screen at 100% magnification...

4k is worth it in screens over 15-17 inches where you can start seeing individual pixels and jagged lines when looking at the screen up close.

But yeah I agree he should probably be looking at a desktop for photo editing, or at the VERY least a 17" laptop, if only because with the editing software open more than 50% of the available screen real estate is gonna be taken up by menus, toolbars, sidebars, histograms... And then you're looking at a VERY small picture. I mean in a pinch I will edit on my 13" laptop, which has a great 1080p screen with excellent color accuracy, but it's a nightmare because the picture itself is so small...
Appreciate 0