06-25-2020, 06:49 PM   #4
Matthew_M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Good luck. But in a nutshell...Calories in vs. Calories out. Look in the gym thread. A lot of good people give advice in there. I have outlined my program more times than I can remember.

Find the number of calories per day you body burns to hold your weight. Introduce a deficit of ~500 calories per day. My macros are 50%P, 30%C, and 20%F when cutting. When bulking I use a 40/40/20 approach as carbs are protein sparing and you can drop your protein intake a bit. I do not factor in my cardio or workouts when figuring out my calories. What I burn there is just an added benefit.

Been going from around 12% down to 7% or lower each year for the last 15 years doing this.

As I am getting older.....I like to stay in the 10% range and not have the huge weight swings anymore.

Just takes patience. I advise anyone doing this to get as low a BF as they can at least once in their life. I have been down to 5.6%. After doing that...you tend to learn your body.

Again...Good Luck!
As of now, I dont have a way to accurately count my calories burned throughout an entire day. Might pickup an apple watch soon so that shouldn't be a problem after that. However, im more using this 8 week plan as a start because lack of motivation and knowledge has held me back up until now. So far, im 2 pounds down and im attributing it to my cut in calorie intake and increase in cardio so we'll see how it is at the 2 week check in mark.

If your curious, my daily meal plan averages 2600 calories, 268g carbs, 69-88g fat (69 w/ 3 meals and 1 shake, 88 w/ 2 meals and 2 shakes) and 216-232g protein (232 w? 3 meals and 1 shake, 216 w/ 2 meals and 2 shakes). Before, I probably averaged between 3300-3600 calories a day as I only ate one meal that was prepped and the rest of the day, I ate whatever I pleased or what was available while at work.
Appreciate 0