View Single Post
      07-23-2021, 09:51 AM   #23
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Damn dude, that sucks. Curious how old your now ex wife was when you met and when all this went down. I ask because a lot of her actions sound very familiar to my 1st wife when things went bad. The hanging out with friends, leaving me to fend for myself when I had surgery then pneumonia, me paying all the bills so she could F off and have fun. No kids and no cancer in my story (thankfully), but many parallels to yours. I always chocked it up to age and immaturity. We were early 20s at the time.

Divorce law and family law are definitely 50 years behind the times. I get the need to look out for women who traditionally make less than men and traditionally are the ones who sacrifice the career to raise the kids. But women these days are not destitute if they don't have a man, like they were in the past. They also arent shunned by society for being a single mom. At the same time, dads are perfectly equipped to be as good or even better care takers of children. Times have changed and divorce and family law needs to catch up.
Thank you.

She was mid 30's when we got married.
Appreciate 0