View Single Post
      04-27-2021, 09:05 AM   #21
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I use my truck strictly to tow our RV and since we have been looking to buy a vacation home I've been considering selling the truck and RV and buying something smaller in a couple years.

Anyways got a quote for my truck on vroom just to see. I was pretty shocked $66k. Bought it 2 years ago for like $62k with around 20k miles it now has close to 60k miles.
Truck market is just silly. Silly enough that I'm really highly considering selling my 2016 Tundra Platinum. I bought mine for $33k with 73k miles. Already got a buy it now quote from Carmax for $33.8 with 86.5k miles. I absolutely adore this truck and love that I know it'll require essentially 0 maintenance in its life, but this is too good to pass up. I might throw it up on Marketplace for a few grand more and see if I get any bites.

I'll be honest, the Tundra is complete overkill for me. I've yet to tow anything with it and usually just use it to haul the dogs and house stuff every now and again. I've been using it primarily as a DD, but my hunch is that when gas prices go up, it'll be relegated to just occasional use and won't be easy to sell when that happens. I may be interested in a PHEV Tundra in the distant future.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 1