View Single Post
      11-12-2015, 05:21 PM   #13
FType22
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinkA8A0A View Post
I want to get people's opinions on reliable media storage and streaming it to a TV or tablet/computer. I have probably 500-1000 dvds and I want to clear up some space in my house by getting rid of them, so my plan is to rip them onto some large capacity hard drives and be able to stream them to my televisions/tablets and then donate or sell the physical dvds.

I'm looking at a drobo, but there are mixed reviews on amazon. Does anyone have any real world experience doing something like this, if so what do you use? I don't want to spend thousands of dollars, but I also don't want something that breaks in a year and I have to go through the pain of trying to recover the data or something that doesn't stream as fast as I would need.
I know I'm tardy to the party here but I have a Drobo and it has worked really well for me. I have 4 2TB drives and use it to stream through my appletv. I have an older version of the Drobo but it still does everything it's supposed to. Thank being said I also have a backup 3TB drive that I use just in case things magically disappear because I have also read those reviews on Amazon.
Appreciate 1