View Single Post
      03-13-2019, 08:04 AM   #31
RisingSons7
Registered
Rep
Drives: Lexus LX570

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP911 View Post
Absolutely. But I wanted to buy new so I can maintain it properly from day 1 and have peace of mind for the next 10 years. Interestingly enough, when I was researching the Armada, it was constantly compared to the likes of the Land Cruiser and G-wagon in terms of size and towing capability rather than the Tahoe, Yukon, etc. like I thought it would be competing with.
I think you made a wise choice buying the Armada especially now that it is made in Japan and based on the very reliable, durable, internationally-used Patrol platform. And to be fair to the Armada, we can’t compare it to a Toyota Land Cruiser. They are not in the same category. I have owned two Land Cruisers and currently own a 2016 Lexus LX570 (basically, Lexus’ version of the Land Cruiser.) The Land Cruiser / LX570 are $85-100k vehicles when new. Their durability, off-rd capability, and reliability are unequaled by any other SUV. Looking at that plus the way they are built (weighing in at almost 6,000 lbs), the Armada is not in their class. The fair comparison for the Armada is the Toyota Sequoia. Having owned a newer Sequoia and liked it, then seeing and driving a 2017 Armada, the Armada is a bit better vehicle. Again, now that it’s made in Japan and based on the Patrol, I expect its reliability to move toward the Toyota level too.

Last edited by RisingSons7; 03-13-2019 at 08:27 AM..
Appreciate 1
CP911986.50