View Single Post
      04-26-2022, 02:49 PM   #12
Equilibrandt
Auto/DCT Zealot
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3, Miata

Garage List
When comparing the two, be careful falling into the power difference. If you want more power out of your Miata, it HAS to be an ND1.

ND1: > 2018, 2.0L making 155 hp, can be BBR Turbo (and a few others) or Edelbrock SC up to ~225 hp.
ND2: < 2019, 2.0L making 181 hp, currently has NO forced induction options as the ECU was just recently cracked and there are some big fueling issues preventing FI that haven't been resolved yet.

Over on the Miata forums, Fab9 has started recently making progress toward FI ND2. BBR has said the same.

I've never driven a C5 but I own a 2020 ND2. Incredibly fun in the twisties and at AutoX. Would love to have it at around 240 hp with FI when it releases.

If you just can't wait for ND2 FI solutions, the C5 is going to feel a lot better. But keep in mind that most people argue that more power in cars allows less skilled driving because you can simply use the power to smooth your mistakes. Sit in a Club and a GT Miata. I'm 6'3 and I don't pass the broomstick test. I'd bet the ND1/2 would do fine in AutoX. There are some great cooling upgrades that most recommend asap (from Flyin' Miata or Good-Win Racing) that you might consider adding to your ND Miata upgrade list along with the wheels and suspension.
Appreciate 0