07-10-2014, 04:48 PM   #69
Tilum
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i8 (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET500 View Post
Can I ask where you got this info about the lazer lights, which UK dealer told you. I asked my UK dealer about this after seeing your post but I was told they have none of this information. I really want lazer lights but they are telling me they are not available. Any help you can give me would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.
Laser lights were planned to be made available from November this year, however it was never made clear whether this was November build or November delivery. That info was on BMW UK's website, but it also lined up with what my dealer was telling me at the time.
However, the website has changed and it now says "A second broad frame is added as a distinguishing design feature when the optional high-beam headlights with laser light technology* are selected. The BMW Laserlights option considerably increases the range of the high beam and enhances its illumination. ...*Planned availability from the end of 2014." (ref. link).
Again, it doesn't stipulate whether "Planned availability" is availability to spec, availability to build, or cars actually being delivered with laser lights (i.e. available to the consumer).

It's worth baring in mind that laser lights are for main beam only, so you might not find you get the benefit from them as often as you think you would.

As for the canvassing of opinion to spec them and the price, it came from my dealer (BMW Sheffield), who rang me up to ask me if I still wanted to spec them considering the expected (rather extravagant) cost. N.B. I had it written into my contract that my order was subject to me having the right to spec laser lights when they became available.

Hope that helps.

T

Last edited by Tilum; 07-11-2014 at 09:21 AM..
Appreciate 0