08-18-2014, 02:39 PM   #152
drlonline
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 i8 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carac View Post
I'm interested to hear if drlonline's car has moved to the port yet. It will give me a timeline on when to expect mine to get there as well. There are two boats leaving for Baltimore on this coming Sunday and Monday that my car might get on if it gets there in time. The next one is two weeks from Wednesday on the 3rd.
Mine is still "waiting to be released to the carrier" per the hotline message. When I spoke to a BMWNA rep, they indicated this meant the car was at the port, but had not yet been handed over to the shipping company. The car finished production on Aug. 6., and it sounds like it just missed going on a ship that departed Bremerhaven on Aug. 8. According to the W&W web site, the next ship leaving there for Port Hueneme (California port of entry) doesn't depart until Aug. 23 and arrives in Ca. on Sept. 18, so I'm expecting delivery by Sept. 24 or so.

Carac, with any luck, I would think yours should make it on to that next Baltimore ship. It appears that ships going to the east coast depart more frequently than those for the west coast. Next thing we'll all be checking is the weather forecast for the North Atlantic.
Appreciate 0